American Express PAYBACK® Credit Card launched – for the smart, value-conscious consumer
India, June 20, 2013: Smart, value-conscious shoppers in India have reason to celebrate. PAYBACK, India’s largest multi-brand loyalty program and American Express, the world’s largest card issuer by purchase volume, today launched a new co-branded credit card. The new American Express PAYBACK® Credit Card offers Cardmembers the power to maximize rewards on purchases with an assured earning rate of 3 PAYBACK Points for every Rs.100 spent, and the added advantage of boosting reward points with the opportunity to double dip when spending at PAYBACK Partner Brands.
Double Dip - More reward points for the same spending – How it works:
For Rs. 200 spent at Big Bazaar, you earn
5 PAYBACK pts + 6 PAYBACK pts = 11 PAYBACK pts
from Big Bazaar from American Express
(With the Card you earn 11 PB pts, instead of 5 PB pts, when using only PAYBACK Card)
The American Express PAYBACK® Credit Card offers special welcome gifts such as discount vouchers worth Rs. 3000 and the ability to earn 1350 PAYBACK Points on spending Rs. 15,000 within the first 60 days. Cardmembers can also avail a lower interest rate of 1.25 per cent per month for the first 6 months of their Card membership enabling them to save almost 50% on their interest charges. The Double Dip advantage enables Cardmembers to earn PAYBACK Points from both American Express and PAYBACK Partner Brands for the same transaction when using the Card at any of the partner brands. The PAYBACK Partner Brands are spread across retail, entertainment, fuel, utility and travel categories and include brands such as Big Bazaar, Bookmyshow.com, Central, e zone, futurebazaar.com, Home Town, HPCL, ICICI Bank, MakeMyTrip.com, Pantaloons,Vodafone, among the others. Cardmembers can redeem their PAYBACK Points for attractive rewards, with instant redemption at over 1500 points of sale across cities in India.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Shailesh Baidwan, Country Manager and Head – Consumer Services, American Express Banking Corp. said, “The meteoric rise of the smart, value conscious Indian consumers who also has high aspirations presents a huge opportunity for businesses. Our partnership with PAYBACK is a strategic endeavor to develop and launch solutions that appeal to this value-conscious customer. With a powerful combination of American Express’ benefits and faster access to rewards from PAYBACK, the American Express PAYBACK® Credit Card is a perfect shopping companion for this discerning consumer”.
Mr. Vijay Bobba, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, PAYBACK India said, “At PAYBACK, we are at the helm of innovation; constantly pursuing opportunities, through which we can engage, excite and reward our members. Continuing with this tradition, we are delighted to be part of this pioneering initiative of the industry, join forces with American Express and deliver value to millions of active members of the loyalty program.” He further added, “We are positive that the new offering will go a long way in enriching shopping experience of our expansive member base.”
The American Express PAYBACK® Credit Card comes loaded with unique services and rewarding features including:
- High Earn Rate: The Card offers a high earn rate of 3 PAYBACK Points for every Rs.100 spent from American Express.
- Double Dip Advantage: Earn points from both American Express and PAYBACK on Card usage at PAYBACK Partner Brands across categories such as entertainment, hyper/supermarket, utilities, fuel, online, travel and telecom.
- Pay in easy monthly installments: Shop and pay in easy monthly installments with Extended Payment Plan for 3/6 months at low interest rates.
- Instant Gratification: Cardmembers can accumulate PAYBACK Points quickly on day-to-day purchases as well as with in-store and online partner brands, and enjoy faster redemption from a wide range of choices through the PAYBACK Catalogue as well as directly at over 1500 point of sales across cities in India.
- Big Savings and Discounts: on dining (up to 25% off), fuel (2.5% fuel surcharge waiver at HPCL outlets) and exciting offers on online shopping websites through American Express Selects program.
- Superior service: Access to American Express’ superior service including free replacement Card, limited loss liability, 24/7 worldwide support.
- Special Welcome Bonus: Cardmembers will get discount vouchers worth Rs 3,000 and additional 1350 PAYBACK Points on spending Rs. 15,000 within the first 60 days.
The American Express PAYBACK® Credit Card combines American Express’ world-class experience in payments with best-in-class loyalty benefits of a PAYBACK Card.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Present in India since 1921, American Express provides high quality travel and payment services to individuals and businesses in India.
PAYBACK is India’s largest multi-brand loyalty program offering its members multitude of benefits. PAYBACK has over 40 partners including affiliate brands participating in the PAYBACK Network across categories in-store as well as online namely ICICI Bank, HPCL, MakeMyTrip.com, UniverCell, Vodafone, Big Bazaar, Food Bazaar, fashion@BigBazaar (fbb), Food Hall, Pantaloons, Central, e zone, Home Town, Brand Factory, futurebazaar.com, bookmyshow.com and many more. With such a varied portfolio of partners, PAYBACK Members can earn points on everyday shopping and redeem them for attractive rewards, at their preference.
PAYBACK has been awarded “Product of the Year” 2013 in the Reward Points/Loyalty Programs category, based on 18,000 consumer interviews, across 23 cities in India. PAYBACK has also been honoured with Retailer Customer Service Awards for 2013 in Customer Service-Business Services category. The award is based on 10,000 sample consumer survey results carried out by Entrepreneur India Advisors.
PAYBACK Program is operated by Loyalty Solutions and Research Private Limited (LSRPL). LSRPL is majority controlled by Loyalty Partner GmbH, a subsidiary of American Express.